Review Policy + General Information
Books reviewed on Clear Eyes, Full Shelves are often our own purchases, library loans or swaps. However, we will accept books for review if they are of interest to one (or more) of the CEFS contributors.
If you are interested in contacting us regarding a possible review, please keep the following in mind:
- Acceptance of a review copy does not guarantee a review;
- Reviews will be an honest opinion of the book;
- Please let us know if you have restrictions as to when a review is published (i.e., no more than 30 days prior to a book’s release)—we take those guidelines very seriously;
- We generally do not participate in cover reveals, blog tours and promotional/marketing events—if you feel CEFS is the perfect fit for your outreach, drop us a line and pitch us as we do occasionally make an exception to this guideline;
- It is likely the entire book package will be discussed, including the story, formatting and cover. We view books as an entire package and believe all components of a book’s package are important;
- CEFS reviewers are funny, smart folks (at least we think so)—please understand that reviews will be smart and sometimes funny (and often serious too);
- We do not accept self-published books for review. Self-published books reviewed on CEFS are usually those that we purchased ourselves based on endorsements from other readers;
- This blog is reader-focused, which means that our first priority is communicating about books to readers;
- We prefer digital copies, as it makes highlighting and notations far simpler. We accept .mobi, .epub and .pdf. Contact Sarah if you prefer to mail a paper copy;
- We will consider reviewing an audiobook, if it's in our preferred genres;
- Acceptance of a review copy, or correspondence regarding a review copy does not opt us in to your email newsletter list--please ask before adding us to such lists;
- We consider books from most genres, please look through the archives and the contributor bios to get a feel for the books that are likely to resonate with our reviewers; and
- At this time, we do not review “inspirational” or erotica titles.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy. Thank you!